AutoStem is well suited for narrow-reef mining operations in underground mines, and for rock breaking of all types in sensitive areas because:
- There are no shockwaves – the cartridge does not compromise hanging wall and footwall conditions, so no overbreak is created.
- It is extremely safe, meaning handling and storage poses no site-risk.
- There is no pulverisation of high value commodity – improving yield and fragmentation size consistency in the blasting process.
- Continuous mining is a reality – you only need a minimal clearing area and no harmful gasses are released.
- Suitable for coal mining – large masses of coal can be dislocated with almost no loss in the form of fines and/ or dust.
- Most cost effective secondary breaking solution
- AutoStem is also an attractive option in quarrying operations, for all secondary breaking requirements, and in low-height benching work.
- No clearing area is required– there is no downtime when drilling and blasting.
- There is no flyrock- equipment does not have to be removed and rock breaking can occur in sensitive areas without ground shock.